Thursday, June 5, 2014

Nan and Mal Visit Europe - Day 8

On Monday, my mom and I headed on a looooong day of touring two places outside of London.  Our first stop on this 12 hour day was Stonehenge.  I absolutely loved getting to visit here.  I was little weary about it at first because everyone that I spoke with just said "it's a bit of a let down." or "it's just a bunch of rocks piled in a field by the highway."  Well, it is just a bunch of rocks piled in a field by a highway but it is so amazing!  I guess it is just the nerd in me but it all fascinated me so much!

The next stop on our tour was Bath.  Now Bath was completely different than what I had pictured in my mind but we both enjoyed it.  The first thing that we got to visit was the Roman ruins.  The Romans built a bathhouse in Bath (clever name!) and a lot of it is still standing today with the same waters flowing in to it.  I tell ya, they never cease to amaze me.

My favorite part of Bath was the Jane Austen Museum.  Jane Austen lived in Bath for a few years.  It was so fun to go in to a house just like the one that she lived in (even with no air conditioning or ceiling fans) and learn about her life!  They also have the Jane Austen Festival in Bath every year if anyone wants to join me and go one day!! (:

Stonehenge and Bath were both fun places to visit! I recommend taking the time to visit if you're ever in this part of the world and have some time!  They even have a jewelry store named after me - which is obviously a good enough reason to visit!
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment