Well, I am a bit behind, and I apologize for that! It has been a whirlwind past few days and I have loved every minute of it! This past Sunday, my mom and I left Salzburg and headed to London! It was so sad to leave Austria but I was excited to get to show my mom new places!
We did not waste any time once we arrived in London! We went straight to our hotel, changed clothes and headed out to explore! We were SO lucky too because the weather was absolutely stunning! We decided to get on one of the hop-on-hop-off double decker buses and see as many sights as we could!

One of my favorite places in London is the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. Fun fact: Big Ben is actually the name of the bell in the clock tower - the tower itself is actually named Elizabeth Tower, after Queen Elizabeth II.
Luckily for us, our bus tour tickets included entrance in to the Tower of London. I was really excited about this since I have never been inside the Tower of London and I love the Tower Bridge!
If you know me very well, then you know how much I enjoy mysteries - another trait I inherited from my mother I suppose. I really like the Sherlock Holmes stories as well as the PBS series (yes, I love PBS) Sherlock. If you don't watch Sherlock, then you're living your life wrong and you need to fix that! All three seasons are currently on Netflix! (: Anyway, there was no way on earth that I was going to be in London and not stop at the Sherlock Holmes Museum at the most popular address - 221B Baker Street!

We had a very busy and very eventful first day in London and it was a lot of fun! I love being in this city and I am glad I got to share it with my mom!
Xx


No comments:
Post a Comment