Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Helbrunn Palace and the Watergames

Our last week in Salzburg, we visited Helbrunn Palace which I have stated in previous posts. However, since we all were going to get soaking wet, I decided to not bring my camera. BUT, some people did and they have recently put their pictures up on facebook and I stole them so here are some pictures of Helbrunn Palace! :)

This is the Kings Table [i think] at Helbrunn Palace
Our guide asked for a couple of volunteers to come demonstrate what went on at the table. So, of course I volunteered [I'm in the red jacket]
We were told to sit there, with our hands on the table and we couldn't get up. Then, water started spraying everywhere...including under our butts from the chairs. lolThis is what the table are looks like without anyone in it...kinda cool huh?!
HA HA so everything at Helbrunn is completely controlled by water pressure. There's no electricity or anything and it's absolutely AMAZING. This little guy was in a lot of the "exhibits" at the palace. He would open his mouth, roll his eyes back, and his tongue would go down, letting water out of his mouth...it was really funny! lol
This was really neat. The water pressure would actually cause all the characters in this toy thing to move around and do different things. And everyone was waiting for water to hit them from the "exhibit" somehow when really, it was about to get them from behind lol really funny!
This is me and Karley decked out in our waterproof gear for the watergames! :)
Laura got a bit of a surprise when she was walking down the path lol

Well, you can see that Helbrunn was a LOT of fun and got everyone slightly damp! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment