Sunday, May 6, 2012

Painting With Pizazz

This past Friday, my mom, Sara, and I walked downtown to get some crawfish and listen to some live music at the first downtown block party.  It was a lot of fun.  They blocked off part of Main Street and they set up tables and had a stage and all of the shops were open downtown.  
This is the amazing meal that Sara and I got! (:
 After we ate, we decided to go into this shop downtown called the Smithzonian.  This is one of my new favorite activities!  For $25, you get a blank canvas, unlimited paint, and the owner, Mrs. Stephanie, helps you paint anything you want.  She has these stencils that you can traces so that you can make a painting that looks just like hers or you can do your own painting and she'll help you if you want it.  It really is a lot of fun!
This is my mom and I before we got started!
 This is me during my painting process! (:
 Since summer is going to be here in one week, I decided that I wanted to start things off with a fun, summery painting.  So, I chose to do a painting of the beach with a car on it that has surfboards in it.  I took pictures throughout the whole process so that you can see what all we did.  If you can't tell, I only got to the car before we had to stop.  It was about 10:30pm and it was time for me to go to bed!
This is my moms really neat painting that she did.  She's not finished with hers either but we're getting pretty close to being done! (:
Painting with Pizazz was so much fun!  I can't wait to go back tomorrow so that I can finish my picture!!  If you're ever in town on a Friday night, you should definitely stop by the Smithzonian!  It is only $25 and it starts at 6:30pm.  It is a lot of fun and you definitely get your moneys worth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment