This morning was probably the highlight of my entire life. My friend, Anne, and I headed out to the Tulsa zoo bright and early this morning. We were actually one of the first ones to enter the gate. Yesterday we had found out online that the zoo had started something called the Mary K. Chapman Giraffe Experience. Well, in case you don't know this already, I am ridiculously obsessed with giraffes. I think that I feel I have a special connection with them considering I am tall and awkward just like they are. And plus, they are just amazing creatures. Well, needless to say, today was one of the best days I have ever experienced. I got to pet and feed a giraffe as well as ride a camel! If you are ever in the Tulsa area during the fall, let me know and I will give you all of the details. It is definitely worth a trip!
First off, these are the two gorgeous gals that we got to hang out with today. On the left is Pili, she is three years old. And on the right, is Lexie, who is five years old. Now, I love every giraffe that I set my eyes on, but Lexie completely stole my heart today!
Now this handsome fella is Samburu. He is the tallest giraffe at the Tulsa zoo, standing at roughly 17 feet tall and he is also the only male. Because of breeding restrictions, however, we weren't allowed to feed him :( But, him and I seemed to have a certain connection. Whenever I was around he would always walk up to say hello and he was CONSTANTLY posing for pictures for me. I guess he could sense how good looking I thought he was and was schmoozing.
This gorgeous girl is Lexie. She was all up in my business the whole time. She was too funny!!
This is probably my new favorite picture of all time. Lexie, like I said, was all up in my business and she didn't like that I was holding some leaves and not giving them too her. So, she proceeded to try and lick me in to giving them to her. She had just got done licking the whole length of my arm. She was full of character, that's for sure!!
Anne and I's adventurous day didn't end with the giraffes, although they were plenty exciting for me to have ended there! After the giraffe experience, we headed over to the camel rides. This is a picture of us with our gorgeous new friend Angie, who looks like she is puckering her lips for the camera!
After an extremely busy and stressful week, this is exactly what I needed. Like I said earlier though, if anyone is ever in the area, this is something that I strongly encourage you all to do!! The giraffe feeding was only $20 and the camel rides are only $5 and they do them both until October 31 and then start them back up in the spring!! (:

No comments:
Post a Comment