Thursday, November 1, 2012

Oktoberfest

The weekend before last, my friend Natasha and I went to Oktoberfest here in Tulsa.  I was REALLY excited about this.  I have been really missing German food and drinks and such lately.  So, when I found out that Tulsa had a big Oktoberfest celebration and that it is also considered one of the top 10 Oktoberfest's in the nation, I could not pass it up!  Ha ha!
One of my favorite things about Oktoberfest was the beer that was served! (:  Ha ha My favorite beer, Steigl, is a brand of beer that is made in Salzburg, Austria (which is where I lived when I studied abroad).  You can find Steigl here in the United States but not very frequently.  So, this first photo shows just how excited I was to finally have some! (:
 Here's Natasha and I in front of the Bier Garten tent
 We rode the ferris wheel, of course, and it was so much fun!  It's really the only ride I will ride! (:

You can't really tell from my pictures, but Tulsa Oktoberfest is HUGE!!!!  We walked around for 3 hours and still didn't get to see everything.  So, if you are ever in Tulsa next October, you should try to go to Oktoberfest! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment