I got the title of today's blog from one of my friends. Her name is Judea Jackson. I saw this video yesterday and was more than moved by it. I took action within 2 minutes after the video ended. This video has gone viral and for good reason. Everyone should take a few minutes and watch this video if you have not had the chance to watch it yet; and I mean EVERYONE. I watched it yesterday and was balling my eyes out. They're exactly right too. Up until I saw this video yesterday, I had NO idea who Joseph Kony was and I doubt you do either. Joseph Kony is someone that we need to make famous. We need to make him famous and we need to put a stop to what he is doing. But before we can do that, you have to watch the video. You can say you don't have time to do it right now and that's fine. But take the time to watch it at some point VERY soon. This is our time to make a difference in the world. It's our chance to shape history. We can do something so wonderful for the world and not because it is something that will benefit America in any way, but because it's the right thing to do. So please, watch the video and do something that will make a difference.
Also, Judea posted an amazing entry on her own blog about this subject and I encourage you to read it. There have been people who have not appreciated Invisible Children and Judea gave her thoughts about those people. Please take action in some way to stop Joseph Kony.
http://judeajackson.wordpress.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment