Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day Seven

Today has been kind of a relaxing and slightly uneventful day unfortunately :( lol Let me see...yesterday was our first day of classes. The European Union I have on Monday and Wednesday and Understanding Austria I have on Tuesday and Thursday. I got our syllabus' and the classes are going to be a little bit more difficult than I had been anticipating but it's okay...I'll live! Let's see though...I had McDonalds for the first time in a LOONNGGG time last night and I must say, it wasn't all that great! :( lol Before I say anything else, I must say how absolutely thrilled I am that my niece Mackenzie Parr Hogue has now graced the world with her presence!
Is she not just absolutely beautiful????? :)
ANYWAY! This morning, I had Understanding Austria for the first time and it's going to be great! It's history and more of what I know and am interested in as where EU is ALL new to me and is going to be way more difficult! lol After class, Karley, Eliel and I went to register at the police station with a bunch of people and then we went all the way out to my house. From there, we went to the Red Bull Museum. The inventor/owner of Red Bull absolutely LOVES Salzburg, so he not only owns their soccer team but he also has a huge museum that's free to everyone and his headquarters are in the Salzkammergut, which we saw over the weekend.
This man has more toys than could ever be necessary! He has two hangers, one for touring and looking at all the different airplanes, cars, helicopters, etc. that he owns as well as a virtual tour/airplane ride and a cafe, the Carpe Diam (which is supposed to be AMAZING).
One thing that I see EVERYWHERE over here is dogs. They're seriously all over the place! It's ridiculous! They go in to stores, restrooms, shopping malls, museums, everywhere! It's crazy! And poodles seem to be the dog to have! lol
Karley, Me and Eliel had so much fun walking through the museum and looking at everything! I think the best part was afterwards when we had to find the bus stop...and then get on the right bus to take us back in to town! haha Let's just say, that wandering around on our own is the best way to sightsee...even in the rain, tornado-worthy winds, and cold temperatures! :) I can't wait until this weekend though!! We leave for Venice on Friday morning at 1am and get there at 9am. Then, we're going to travel to Verona sometime and do umm...something! lol and then we will be heading back Monday night at around 11pm and will get home at 4am. Then, I have class at 9am Tuesday morning and then apfelstrudel making with Brigette at 1pm. THEN, it will finally be SLEEP TIME!!!!!! lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment