Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Romeo, Romeo, Where For Art Thou Romeo?

On Saturday, we all took a trip to Verona, Italy. It was absolutely beautiful! When we got there, of course the first thing we did was eat lol Unlike Salzburg, Verona served ice with their drinks!
I've never had a sprite taste as good as that one did...EVER!
Once we were done eating, we walked over to "the Arena" which was basically just a smaller version of the colosium...but i dont think they used to do gladiator fights or whatever in there haha anyway, it was really pretty and they were actually setting up for a Michael Buble concert which was held there that night. Unfortunately, being poor and having to pay for everything ourselves, me and Karley opted out of getting tickets so we didn't attend haha
After walking throught the Arena, we found "Casa di Giulietta" AKA Juliette's house.
All the different letters to Juliette and the signatures of people and everything was really cool and slightly overwhelming at the same time! haha
Me and Karley got to go inside and take a picture on Juliette's balcony :)
After that, we wandered around and actually found the old Roman ampitheater (which is behind us). We asked someone how to get there and their response "across the bridge"...however, we couldn't find a bridge!
I saw these sunflowers and they were absolutely STUNNING!!! and I was so amazed and wanted to buy some....then I found out they were fake and I was really upset! BUT, they still made for a really good picture! haha
We finally found the bridge to cross and trecked up all the stairs and it was definitely worth it because this was the view from the top!
Of course, we had to take a cheesy picture...yes, we all took one! So don't make fun of me because I wasn't the only one!

Well, Verona has been my favorite place so far to say the least. However, next week we go to Vienna, then Prague and Budapest, and then Florence, Pisa, Genova and Milan so I'm sure I'll change my mind every time I go somewhere new! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment