Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm a little behind...

Hello everyone! :)

I'm sorry I'm so behind on this thing! My host home has internet, but I have to use her computer...which doesn't have my pictures or anything on it...and the keyboard and everything on it is in German so that makes it a little bit difficult. :\ Also, I can't put any pictures up just yet because they're all on my laptop. So, next week when our classes start, I'll have my computer at the school where we get internet and I can put some things up! :)
Anyway, Salzburg is GORGEOUS...even in the rain, cold weather and fog! haha I got here 3 days ago and have adjusted extremely well, despite the food changes! We haven't gone too many places or really done too much yet! Yesterday was orientation. We all introduced ourselves, then had lunch (which was cooked by our AMAZING cook at the school Brigette), then went on a walking tour through old town, which is where our school is (so i've heard). There are about 30 students in the program, and over half of them are from the University of Florida. Everyone is really nice and really cool. My roommate is from UF as well. She's very nice, slightly awkward, and complains about EVERYTHING but she's a music student so I'm not around her all that often thankfully. Well, last night we all went to Murphy's Irish Pub which is right next to the school and apparently the owner is really close with our professors or something like that, I'm not really all that sure!

Today, we met at the school at 10:00 for "introduction so salzburg" which was basically just an hour and a half of Salburgs brief history. It was really pretty interesting. Then, me and four other girls just kind of wandered around the city for a couple of hours! There's this really cute market in one of the squares that has fresh fruit and vegetables, all kinds of food, clothing, etc. The fruits were so big and gorgeous, they really just looked fake! Then, we walked to the other side of the river and looked for the train station for about two hours. We're planning on going to Paris for a weekend and then on another weekend going to Prag and Budapest. So that will be pretty exciting.

Tomorrow, we're going on a walking tour all through Salzburg. My favorite place so far in the Meribel Palace which Franz Josef built for his mistress Elizabeth and it is absolutely GORGEOUS! (we stumbled across it accidently today while looking for the train station). On Saturday, we're going to ummm....Salzkkamurt...idk-i know i didn't spell it right but whatever! It's the lake district and it's supposed to be GORGEOUS! So, please pray and keep your fingers crossed that the sun comes out so its not really cold! :(

Now, I have to go get ready and walk back to the school. We're having a dinner with our host families and all the students! Oh! And after, there's this big party\celebration in the Residence Square because last night, Salzburg won the Austrian Cup or something in Soccer. IDK, something major so there's going to be some kind of celebration and it ought to be interesting! Anyway, it'll probably be Monday night (morning for ya'll) before I post again...and hopefully I can get some pictures up! :) -Oh, and sorry this is kind of long!

No comments:

Post a Comment