Sunday, May 16, 2010

Yes...it's still cold and raining...

Today was my 5th day in Salzburg and we haven't had a day where it wasn't raining yet :( but it's still been so amazing!! So far, there has only been two really bad things happen. 1. about 9/10 of my money that I brought with me was put on these little Visa gift cards...however, they're not working!!!! 2. I have been walking SO MUCH, my ankles are swollen and I feel like I'm walking on two sprained ankles! :( But hey, I'm in Austria so I just have to suck it up and deal with it lol Anyway, yesterday, we went on a walking tour through the city which was so much fun! Then, last night, me and 4 of my friends went to the Salzburger Marionettentheater where we saw the Magic Flute. It was so amazing and so much fun...however, it lasted 2 1/2 hours!! lol

This is Kerry, Me, Aaron, Karley and Laura during intermission.
After that, we went to this really random restaurant (the only one that was still open) and got food...which was AMAZING! It was kind of random though, it had Austrian, Italian and Indian food? But whatever...it was good and not very expensive at all!!
Today, we went on a tour through the Salzkammurgut which is the "lake district" of Austria. It was absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I wish it was really sunny and pretty outside so it would've been a little bit more fun but it was amazing either way!

One of the places in Salzkammurgut is the wedding church from the Sound of Music...yes, she didn't really get married in the convent like the movie makes you believe! The outside is the convent but the inside was this cathedral in the lake district!
Also in the lake district was the Bone Room...I think that's what it was called I don't really remember. Anyway, it was a room that has 1,200 "dead bodies" in it and the families all paint the skulls of their family members that have passed away and they're organized by family.

As you can see, it is FREEZING!!!!! I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt, fleece underarmor pull-over, sweatshirt, scarf that I bought the other day and my host mom's gloves and jacket that could easily be passed as a snuggie with a hood and pockets! :) Anyway, this is one of the views from the lake district. It was absolutely gorgeous! There's still snow on the top of all the mountains and it was just gorgeous!
Well, my classes start tomorrow so I'd better get ready for bed! :) Anyway, enjoy! And there are also TONS of pictures on my facebook now...I'll try to get descriptions on them so you'll know what you're looking at! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment