Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ROBBERY!!!! hahaha

It's the morning of Tuesday, August 24 and I'm sitting at work. I'm watching the clock go by so slooooooow. It's registration day on campus and my time to go is at 10:30. However, I don't get to leave work until 11:00. At 10:15ish, my roommate sends me a text message telling me that I'm missing out on all the excitment going on on campus. "There are cops after someone because they were just flyin through campus." Well, at 10:40, Blair's mom (Blair works in the office with me) calls to tell us that US Bank has been robbed. A few minutes later, I find out that the robbers have not only fled through campus, but they're on OBU's campus!!!!!! The whole campus is put on lockdown, all the doors are locked, no one is to be outside, etc. ALL of Arkadelphia's police force, OBU workers (or my dad anyway), Arkadelphia Fire Dept. AND Gurdon's k9 unit is on the hunt.
Two of the robbers have been caught and one is still trying to run. He runs down to the ravine behind OC Bailey and Anthony dorms and in to the ravine where he "runs" for like, 2 hours. Campus is super still. Everyone is either in their dorm room, cafeteria, or offices. And the cops are still after the robber with their shotguns. Yes, I didn't say rifles or pistols. But shotguns. Remember, we are in the south.
At around 12:30 or so, the police officers FINALLY caught the third robber and our town is safe yet again. Man! What a way to start off the school year right?! Welcome to the delph Freshmen! :)
The other day, Grant showed me this video his brother found on youtube and it made me laugh so hard and it reminds me of yesterdays events Lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y54yESyq6Io
Enjoy!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment