Sunday, August 7, 2011

South Carolina

This past Tuesday, my mom, step-dad, brother and me headed to Charleston, South Carolina for 6 days. We were a little late getting to the airport (big surprise there) and we actually ended up missing our flight. They put us on stand-by for the next couple of flights. Unfortunately, we were all split up but we all ended up getting there around the same time! Once we got to Charleston, we headed to our hotel, the Harborview Inn, and it was absolutely amazing. I completely fell in love and want to move there! We were right in the harbor, downtown, and had amazing views no matter where we were...and not to mention the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on in my entire life!!Wednesday, we all woke up early, had breakfast on the rooftop overlooking the harbor, and then we got on a ferry and headed to Fort Sumpter. Fort Sumpter is where the Civil War began and it was so neat! I love history and I loved getting to see everything! It was a gorgeous day too which made it all that much better.
Thursday morning, we got up and headed to Pawley's Island. Pawley's Island is about 45 minutes to an hour away from Charleston. Our "resort" was this little bitty little hotel right on the beach. There was only a handful of people there (which if you know us, you know that made it perfect). On Friday we went out to the beach and then headed to Myrtle Beach; it was quite a bit different than Pawley's Island and Charleston. We went on an interesting ferris wheel search while we were there as well. Neither one of my parents like heights so the 18-story ferris wheel was an interesting trip! (:
Saturday we headed back to Charleston and went back to school shopping. I'm really excited for it to get cooler so I can wear my new clothes! (:
Overall, South Carolina was so much fun and I can't wait to go again next summer with everyone...as in EVERYONE (all 9 of us)!

No comments:

Post a Comment